Whatsapp has recently launched an enriched feature of Payment transfer. Right now it is in beta stage, not opened for the public. But soon after the successful completion of the trial process it will be made opened for the general people who are accessing Whatsapp application. For both the Android and iOS smart-phone users, this feature will be available. But for accessing this facility, you should use the latest version of Android v2.18.41 and iPhone v2.18.22. The entire Pay feature is developed on UPI (Unified Payments Interfere) platform. Therefore, you can safely send the money to any of your contact person whose number is saved in your phone.
Let’s have a look at how to use the Payment Option in Whatsapp Application:
Firstly, you will have to verify the phone number by inserting a SMS code that will be delivered to your registered number on Whatsapp. After the completion of verification process, the bank account details needs to be added.
- Go to the Settings Option: After going in the Settings, click on the Payment option.
- Terms and Conditions:Following the Payment page, there are certain terms and conditions that need to be accepted by the user. In the specified conditions it is clearly mentioned that Whatsapp is not taking any responsibility for the financial transactions i.e. settlement, funding and payment. An entirely separate relationship will be there between the bank account holder and bank.
- Add Bank Account: Succeeding after accepting the terms and conditions, add the bank account details you wish to get affiliated with Whatsapp. You can also add multiple bank accounts. But, by default,only the first account added by you will be set as the primary account.
After installing the latest Pay Transfer feature of Whatsapp, let’s see how to send the payments across it:
- Firstly, open the chat window of the Whatsapp. Select the contact person whom you wish to transfer the money.
- After selecting the person from the contact details, enter the amount you wish to transfer to the payee account.
- Following it, after successfully entering the amount add a note/message along with the payment.
- Enter the UPI PIN of your bank account from which you want to transfer the amount into the payee bank.
- Once the money is sent and deducted from your bank account, a message will pop-up on your whatsapp chat conversation with that specified person.
The customers of all the leading banks such as HDFC, ICICI and Axis can take advantage of the Whatsapp enhanced feature. With the leverage of it, the customers can easily transfer the money without facing any hurdles. It is being a simplified, easy and trouble-free process for transferring and receiving money.
After the successful launch of Whatsapp Pay functionality feature, it is going to bring a revolutionized change in the IT industry. A tough competitor of Paytm and Google Tez is going to be coming forward in the upcoming days.